EASY CARE STEPS FOR ARMSTRONG VINYL SHEET FLOORS
To keep the lasting shine and fresh feel of your investment for as long as possible, we recommend that you:
- Wipe up spills as soon as possible. Remove dried spills with New Beginning® Extra-Strength Floor Stripper on a white cloth.
- Wash your floor occasionally with no-rinse Armstrong™ Once ‘n Done® Resilient & Ceramic Floor Cleaner* or an equivalent no-rinse floor cleaner.
- Use Armstrong New Beginning® Extra-Strength Floor Stripper for heavy duty cleaning.
- Use Armstrong Shinekeeper® Floor Finish or Armstrong Satinkeeper® Low Gloss Floor Finish to return your floor’s original shine if it begins to dull over time.
- Use detergents, abrasive cleaners or “mop and shine” products – they may leave a dull film on your floor.
- Use paste wax or solvent-based polishes.
- Use a beater bar when vacuuming because it can visibly damage the floor surface.
- Use highly abrasive scrubbing tools.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER INSTALLATION
- Allow the seams to seal for 8 hours after seam application. This will ensure the proper seam bond and a seamless finish. If seams are disturbed before they’re dry, permanent damage may result.
- Maintain room temperature at 65 degrees Fahrenheit for 48 hours after installation is completed. This assures proper curing, setting and bonding of products.
- The adhesive under your floor needs time to thoroughly dry after installation. Therefore we recommend that you do not scrub or wash your floor for five days.
PROACTIVE PROTECTION FOR YOUR FLOOR
- When moving appliances or heavy furniture, lay a plywood panel on your floor and “walk” the item across it. This protects your floor from scuffing and tears.
- Use Armstrong Floor Protectors on furniture to reduce indentation. As a general rule of thumb, the heavier the item, the wider the floor protector needed.
- Be careful with rolling casters. They can damage the floor. Therefore, we do not recommend them. If you choose to use them, the double wheel type are the best option.
- Place a walk-off mat at outside entrances to reduce the amount of dirt brought into your home. We do not recommend the use of rubber- or latex-backed mats because the chemical (antioxidant) used to keep the backing from becoming brittle can permanently stain your floor. We suggest a nonstaining vinyl-backed mat or a woven rug that is colorfast. Most of these products are identified “colorfast” by the manufacturer.
4. To repair scratches or bring back the shine spray buff or burnish a clean dry floor.