Floor Covering WorldFlooring Information and News
Floor Covering World provides you the latest Flooring Information and News on All Types of Flooring
Choosing the correct Type of Flooring is a very important decision you will need to make when it comes to remodeling or decorating your home. Your choice of floor covering also determines the difficulty of installation. There are different methods of flooring care depending on the type of floor covering you choose.. Different types of flooring materials have their special qualities,functions, benefits and disadvantages. The most popular flooring types are Luxury Vinyl tiles (LVT),Laminate Flooring, Hardwood Flooring, Carpet flooring, Engineered Hardwood Flooring, Bamboo Flooring, Peel stick Tile Flooring, and Garage / Basement flooring. For flooring care see the top rated Vacuum cleaners on Amazon below.
We provide flooring installation tips and how-to install flooring videos for wood laminate flooring, hardwood flooring, bamboo flooring, carpet flooring, ceramic tile flooring, vinyl flooring including luxury vinyl tiles (LVT),peel and stick vinyl tiles (aka self-stick vinyl tiles), concrete flooring, cork flooring , all types of garage flooring , all types of Tile flooring and more.
The Information provided on Floor Covering World will hopefully help you decide on the flooring type and flooring manufacturer best for your needs as well as provide you with helpful flooring installation tips and tricks including how-to-install flooring videos. You will also have the opportunity to purchase all types of discount flooring.
Luxury Vinyl is in Demand
Vinyl emulates the look of natural wood flooring.
Choices for luxury vinyl tile flooring (LVT) include a variety of styles, colors, textures and patterns. Add in vinyl’s easy-to-clean characteristics, comfort under foot and family-friendly stain-resistance, and the result is increasing popularity among home owners.
The demand continues for the “luxury vinyl” flooring. Premium resilient flooring with look a like qualities that are increasingly difficult to distinguish from stone, wood plank and ceramic tile. At $3.50 to $6 per square foot, luxury vinyl products are at the middle of the flooring price range. The ability of these products to copy traditional high-end materials, such as marble and exotic hardwoods, puts good looks at your feet and at a fraction of the cost.See here for a list of Luxury Vinyl Tile Manufacturers
Carpet Flooring is Tops
Carpet remains the market-share leader, accounting for more than 50 percent of all retail flooring sales. Manufacturers’ response to the stagnant home market has been to provide more fashion-oriented options at all prices.
“The variety of carpets these days is nothing short of amazing,” says Davis. “Pattern, design, colors, interesting cuts, the whole feel of the material. There’re more wow-factor choices than ever.”
Popular Types of Flooring
It appears that from the number of monthly searches that Laminate flooring is the most popular type of floor covering. Select the type of flooring for your room according to the room’s function, the desired effect, the amount of foot traffic you have and of course your budget. If you are a handy person, installing your own flooring can save you a lot of money.
Inexpensive laminate flooring provides you with the opportunity to have elegant floors in your home without dishing out a pile of cash. You can buy both laminate flooring and hardwood flooring at discount prices if you are a savvy shopper. Many flooring retailers regularly have sales during times when people are not buying many home improvement products or when they want to move stock in a short period of time to make room for more. Discontinued lines are also available as discount hardwood flooring, but you have to make sure that you can get enough of it to complete your room. When you buy discount laminate flooring, you are not sacrificing quality for price. There are many well-known retailers that offer discount laminate flooring to customers when they have an overrun or too much inventory in their warehouse. When you go to buy laminate floors, you will experience a difference in that you won’t be able to place a deposit down and then collect the flooring at a later date. You will have to pay the full amount upfront and take the flooring with you when you leave. The retailer may or may not include free delivery when it sells hardwood or laminate at a deep discount price.
What are the most popular types of flooring?
Remember that floors are usually the part of your home that initially attracts your guests attention. When they step their foot on your floor, they will most probably notice and check what kind of flooring you have. It’s as important as your wallpaper, ceiling and home decorations. Choosing the right flooring for your home may seem like an overwhelming decision to make. It requires careful planning as you would like to show your personality and style with a touch of practicality.
With the numbers of flooring types available, it does seem so hard to choose the right type of flooring. You will probably like them all and they all probably look perfect for your home. Now, the question of which to choose arises. The answer to this question depends on many factors. You should consider the size of the family and the traffic the floor will receive. Will the floor be safe if you have any children? How much maintenance does the floor require and how long do you expect to have the same floor?
Sep 17, 2018 (MarketersMedia via COMTEX) — The Global Laminate Flooring Market was valued at USD XX million in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% by 2025. The market is growing by increase in applications across the globe.
The Global Laminate Flooring Market will be driven due to increase in the residential sector on account of the aforementioned developments. Major factor contributing to the market growth is the increasing demand for laminate flooring in the building and construction industry. Other factors such as the expansion of the home improvement sector and novel construction segments globally is contributing to global laminate flooring market. Latest technology developments and innovations will witness a string of product innovations over the forecast period.
The potential pitfalls of luxury vinyl flooring
Luxury vinyl tile (LVT) is the hottest product on the market today, and it’s also the product that’s generating the most number of complaints and claims in the flooring industry. So it’s worth it to take a closer look at LVT’s popularity and possible problems.
- In lesser quality LVT, the finish or wear layer may create problems. If it’s too glossy, it will show scuff marks, and if the surface texture is too coarse, it can produce white marks.
- Dimensional stability. This can be an inherent problem with a product that is not annealed or not annealed properly—annealing is the process of heating and then slowly cooling to bind the layers, making the product strong and stable.
- The edges of the product might also curl, or the product might dome (lift in the middle) so when walked on, it may make noise.
- The product may also delaminate, the top layer coming off, usually starting at a corner.
- LVT will also react to environmental conditions of hot and cold and even humidity. Just because it’s vinyl doesn’t mean that it won’t react to the same conditions as other flooring materials. Heat can make the material grow and expand; cold can make it contract and get brittle; and moisture in the air or from the substrate can cause the product to become unstable.
Flooring News from Floor Trends
Floor Trends covers the flooring market from hard to soft surfaces—and the products used to install them. We cover the flooring industry news and trends by focusing on best practices in both the residential and commercial markets to make our readers successful. Floor Trends is the premier resource for retailers, contractors; distributors; architects, designers and other professionals involved in the distribution and sale of flooring materials. We showcase today’s hottest looks while forecasting the trends of tomorrow. We reach our readers on multiple platforms through print, digital editions, eNewsletters, webinars, podcasts, mobile apps and more
- Coverings Unveils 2019 Show and 30th Anniversary ExperiencesCoverings will feature a wide range of interactive onsite experiences, including expanded favorites and new activations in celebration of its 30th anniversary. Read more »
- Lamosa Enters U.S. Market with New Porcelain ProgramThe Lamosa Group recently announced its entry into the U.S. market with Lamosa USA. Read more »
- Mohawk Introduces the Next Generation of Carpet FiberMohawk Group’s Duracolor Tricor builds upon a fiber already trusted to perform in demanding environments. Read more »
- U.S. Homebuilding Lags, Remodeling Picks Up the SlackThe U.S. home remodeling market expanded by more than 50% since the end of the Great Recession. Read more »
- Invista Announces New Vice President of StainmasterInvista recently announced Brook Brown as the new vice president of the Stainmaster brand. Read more »
- Horizon Forest Adds to Charleston, S.C. Sales TeamHorizon Forest Products recently welcomed Wilson Crouch to the inside sales team in Charleston, SC. Read more »
- Tile of Spain Announces Schedule of Events for Coverings 2019Tile of Spain recently announced its schedule for Coverings 2019, to be held April 9-12, 2019 in Orlando, Fla. Read more »
- MSI Receives Award for Expanding Ceramic Tile MarketMSI has been recognized by the Valencian Institute for Business Competitiveness (IVACE) in the category of expansion for ceramic tile. Read more »